Monday, January 7, 2013

Day #7: Time to streamline

It is day 7, which means I am about 25% through my goal of staying off of Facebook for a month! It hasn't been nearly as difficult as I thought, but I am still looking forward to logging back on in February and seeing what everyone has been up to. 

Yesterday, I slept a total of about 16 hours- the tail end of this cold has really kicked my rear (and poor Will's, too). Justin can now officially attest to the efficacy of Zicam. I always laughed at him taking it before, but as everyone in the Troester fam (my mom, dad and brother) and our family (Will and me) have each been ill for 1-2 weeks, and Justin got a very mild 3 day illness. I won't make fun of his hypochondria anymore.

Yesterday, my big accomplishment was getting out of bed. We also went to breakfast with my family to celebrate J's birthday. My mom gave him the traditional birthday gift... Beers of the World! It is definitely his favorite thing to come home to after work... after me, of course. I think he will cry if she doesn't give him another one next year...

Today has been a major cleaning, laundry and dishes day. Such is the life as a stay at home mom! 

I also decided to purge my closet of pretty much everything and throw most of it in the garbage. 
J just got rid of his gun cabinet, so now I have a couple extra feet for clothes!

 before

during- Will is excited about all of the extra space! 


After!

 I love the clean, streamlined feel. Notice my little toolbox up there! I love it. Every woman should own one. It has the tools that I use most often... a few different kind of screwdrivers, a molding pry bar, my favorite paint brushes, spackle, a tape measure, etc. It helps to know where everything is while working on a project, and it is nice not to have to dig through all of J's things. 





1 comment:

  1. Loved catching up with you. Wait till Will is 17 and mad at u for some stupid reason. Because you are annoying. That's what i'm dealing with tonight. But I'm happy he is home and safe. Love u my beautiful niece. Hope to see u guys very soon. And say Happy Birthday to Justin for me and Congrats to him for the UNCC accomplishment. Tammy

    ReplyDelete